Year of construction - 2012
- Total cold storage area 1400 sq. m.
- Total cold chamber area 800 sq.m.
- Cold chamber height 6 m.
- Logistics room 367 sq.m.
- Logistics room height 5 m.
- 10 chambers
- Simultaneous storage of up to 280 tons of grape and 720 tons of apple
- Capability for simultaneous loading/unloading of 3 refrigerator trucks – two 20-ton trucks and one up to 10-ton truck
Humidity control is implemented by means of an adiabatic humidifying unit Alfa Laval (Italy).
Adiabatic humidifiers equipped with water spray functionality are used in cold chambers to maintain the right level of humidity and to prevent weight loss and damage to products. Qualitative storage is ensured if the humidity level is not lower than 90%.
Temperature control is implemented by chillers SCM (Italy).
The cold storage operating temperature regime is -1.5 deg. C to + 18 deg. C.
In addition, we offer precooling services prior to product loading onto refrigerator trucks.
Grape preservation is implemented by means of a preserving agent - sulphur dioxide (SO2), which in combination with fast cooling prevents fungal development (white mold).
The products are stored under Controlled Atmosphere or Ultra Low Oxygen (CA/ULO), or Dynamic Controlled Atmosphere (DCA) conditions.
Controlled atmosphere storage in comparison with traditional storage ensures maintenance of better product quality.
The SО2 & О2 ratio has an influence upon ethylene biosynthesis and biological aging processes in vegetable products:
- Reduces fruit biochemical activity
- Slows down fruit ageing and ripening
- Reduces mechanical stresses inside the product
- Contributes to maintenance of product taste qualities and increases product shelf life